Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 3 - Big Block

Here is a squishy block that was on my work at desk


Basically, a block with little nubs (cylinders) on top and bottom. I use a little for loops and some modules so I don't have to repeat myself. I don't know if this would print on 3d printer - I feel like the holes on the bottom would be an issue without some kind of scaffolding, but haven't gotten that far in my readings to know for sure yet.

  
$fn = 200;

difference() {
  union() {
    cube([81, 41, 23]);
    translate([0, 0, 25.5]) nub_array();
  }
  translate([0, 0, 2.5]) nub_array();
}

module nub_array() {
  for (x=[0:3]) {
    for (y=[0:1]) {
      translate([x*20 + 4 + 6.5, y*20 + 4 + 6.5, 0]) nub();
    } 
  }  
}

module nub() {
  cylinder(r=6.5, h=5, center=true);
}

No comments:

Post a Comment